Apportioned Registration Services
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is a member of the International Registration Plan (IRP). This plan allows for interstate operators to register their vehicles through their home state instead of having to deal directly with the many different states in which they operate.
You must register your vehicle(s) apportionately if the vehicle(s) travels or is intended for travel in two or more of the member jurisdictions (listed above) and:
- is used for the transportation of persons for hire or is designed, used, or maintained primarily for the transportation of property, and
- is a power unit having a gross or registered weight in excess of 26,000 pounds, or
- is a power unit having three or more axles regardless of weight, or
- is used on combination when the weight of such combination exceeds 26,000 pounds gross vehicle weight.
– Vehicles or combinations, having a gross vehicle weight of 26,000 pounds or less and two axle vehicles may be apportioned at the option of the registrant.
Let Us Know How We Can Help You
Contact Us For More Information About Our Licensing & Registration Services